Sunday, July 07, 2013

Air Travel

Not that all of you are begging for a play-by-play, but I did find myself on a one hour flight to Minnesota today... Here are some highlights:
  • Enjoying prayer and mostly staring off into space to the extent that I got to hear my name over the loudspeaker, "Passenger Couch to Gate A6!" Oh, that mumbling 10 minutes ago was us boarding? All the people around me are not boarding this flight? Weird. (I was the last person to board the plane and we left as soon as I boarded. Very unlike me.)
  • We brought a fly from South Bend to Minnesota. I found myself wondering what is the fly's equivalent of our popping ears.
  • The woman in front of me who ordered the tomato juice made me wonder who on earth still drinks tomato juice... Someone catching a connecting flight to San Francisco. Bingo. (PS- I love lots of people in SF.)
  • "Peanuts, cookies or pretzels?" Row 8 requests and receives all three. We all learn something. (Nota Bene: We actually received drink and "snack" on a one hour flight.)
  • I got to share the airplane with a female motorcross racer, though I believe she's moving on to other things now. Quite the experience... experienced from arm's length--she wasn't in my row, but I heard enough to be able figure out what she does.
I'll spare you other exciting details from the flight, but I'll admit that I'm glad it was only an hour and I look forward to my 3 day break until the next time I have to fly the skies. 

Looking forward to working at Trinity School at River Ridge for a few days! 
(And missing Brian, of course. A lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment