Friday, May 17, 2013

Take 53

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Meghan! The fabulous sister of Brian, who brings the party to the party.
I'm ecstatic to announce that this summer, she'll be living with us for 2 months!
 We are perhaps the luckiest household in America (and obviously beyond).
--- 2 ---
When I lived with the K. family in Virginia, there was a dinner that has gone down in history... Andrea asked the whole table who wanted  
chocolate cake with chocolate icing... 
All hands went up (quickly, I might add) and I dutifully stuck around to help with dishes (who wouldn't?!). As cleaning drew to a close, I saw no delicious appearances... 
I finally got the guts to ask one of the (younger) children about the cake...
Turns out it was a rhetorical question.
Wah wah.

Yesterday, when there was leftover chocolate cake with chocolate icing,
Maria brought me a piece. :) Isn't she just the best?
--- 3 ---
 Go ahead and drool.
I dare you not to. (No really, go click that link.)
"Without bagels, what IS a day??"
What I wouldn't give for a NY everything bagel right now...
(Thanks for sending the video, Mama.)
--- 4 ---
 Sometimes you offer to fix the button on the coat. Then you feel ambitious and g'ahead and do the other button (why not?). Then you discover you sewed the first button upside-down. Then you feel silly for complaining about a job that still only took 15 minutes.
--- 5 ---
This TED Talk has gone around on Facebook this week and I think it's worth sharing.
I appreciate folks who encourage my/our generation to get up and change the world (and themselves!). There's a lot to do and building God's kingdom doesn't have to wait until tomorrow (or when you're 18 or when you're 25 or when you're 30!).
--- 6 ---
Something is going on with the celery from Aldi... I admit to feeling a bit suspicious.
--- 7 ---
We have one more week of classes! The senior play, Harvey, is tonight, Fine Arts is next Wednesday and then the Alumni Memorial Day Games are on Friday and Saturday!
Giddy-up!

Thanks to Jen I can now be grateful for new things: not dealing with scorpions.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to have you live with us Meg! And yes, I must admit, Mary has converted me from an everything bagel hater to a big fan (with lots of shmear)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the host of that bagel video made my day a whole lot more fun. I wish I knew that guy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered how bagels were made. Now I know. And now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete