Friday, May 03, 2013

Take 51

7 Quick Takes Friday 
--- 1 ---
Today is the anniversary of my blog!
[And April 27th last year was my first 7 Quick Takes!]

What was happening 8 years ago today?
I was still trying to be an early adopter like my sister, like Melanie...
My summer plans changed that summer and I ended up in Italy for two weeks while my parents spent the entire summer driving around the entire United States while I house-sat.

(Too bad quitting Flickr means I need to add photos back into old posts. Darn.)
--- 2 ---
We hit a whopping 81 degrees this week! On that very day, I went ahead and made our semi-regular batch of wheat bread and was stunned by how differently dough 
behaves when it's warm! I could barely keep these loaves down!
--- 3 ---
I hate oven mitts. The actual mittens. Hate 'em.
I've spent years avoiding the mitten versions.
I feel like admitting it really is going to help me.
--- 4 ---
 Sometimes life is just... life.
We've been back from California for a month and these are sitting on my dresser:

Purchased in the final hour of vacation with the resolve to write and send them from South Bend. :) Anyone want a day late and a dollar short postcard?
--- 5 ---
I love this line, "Hell hath no fury like the mom who tries to throw out old McDonald’s toys from the bottom of the toy box." It reminded me of my Mom and Dad, who successfully instilled a spirit of non-pack-rat-ness into me.
When a new toy entered the scene (birthday, Christmas, any other reason), I was told to find a toy to give away...

I remember always coming back with an unbelievably small McDonald's toy. 
I thought I was so clever.
--- 6 ---
My eyes have shards of glass in them problems with all of the allergens floating around.
Seriously. Shards. of. glass.
I had this problem last year and I must say, I'm not a fan.
But I am a fan of everything outside growing. So I'll deal.
--- 7 ---
I simply can't get enough of "Olive Us" videos! 
This is the one I watched this week.
There's a reflection on the beauty of life that happens when moments are captured,
be it in video of photograph form.
I'd love to experiment with video.

Thanks for hosting, Jen!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! :)
    So glad you joined the band wagon way back when.
    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking to Olive Us again! They are so fun and so well done.
    Happy Blog Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete