Friday, February 15, 2013

Take 41

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Apparently Monopoly fans got rid of the iron piece and added a cat. Seriously? Now I need to find a "vintage" copy of this game so I don't have a cat in my game.
We could've had a diamond ring or a guitar! No, we have a cat.
(I hope you can handle that I just told you how I really feel. No holding back here.)
--- 2 ---
Our favorite diner received an award in Indianapolis!
Seriously, South Benders, go to Jeannie's House. Cash only. And worth it.
Dad now refers to it as, "Our place", but I'm pretty sure Jeannie wouldn't recognize us... 
--- 3 ---
The longer I live in a home, the more I realize that those little things I'm tempted to throw away can come in handy later (insert hysterical laughter for 99% of all of my former household mates). It's true though. It could be useful. Don't worry, I'm in no danger of becoming a pack rat, but I do have locations in my home where I store things that could be useful to us later.
--- 4 ---
Valentine's Day. 
I'm the kind of gal who never wore red or pink on Valentine's Day and I didn't this year either. But heck, I figured that this year I'm actually in love and I'm not four days away from my wedding, so I splurged and pretended I was Martha Stewart.
And discovered that creating pop-up cards are a royal pain.

And returned (ever so relieved) to crocheting and created this:


Thank you, designsponge.
(And Marge of Coraopolis, who lovingly taught us girls how to crochet! 
Every Saturday of our little girl lives.)
--- 5 ---
It's that dreaded moment. Your new car is making a sound.  Your father's voice, "Turn the radio up, baby" resounding in your memories (which makes you laugh and smile) and the curiosity which killed the cat pushes you to google the phrase, 
"Rolling golf ball sound in car". 
You scroll through forums...
Life goes on...
So does the sound.

And then your husband enters the house with 4 golf balls... all from the cab of your car.
Sound gone.
--- 6 ---
90s: word of mouth
today: word of mouse
Mind blown. Totally hilarious. 
Thank you, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) LinkedIn group.
--- 7 ---
Isn't this photo fabulous?! Shout out to my favorite city,
a beautiful place in that city and to the fashion of the 40s.

This is exactly why I wear a hat to work. Even if I only walk 4 blocks.
Thanks for the awesome hat, Brian.

This week is the start of Lent! May the season draw you closer to Jesus!
More thoughts on camping from Jen (and Jim Gaffigan).

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I know a bunch of "People of Praise" folks as I lived in No Va until I was married. They are awesome people!! God bless you! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cat? Are you serious? That's the stupest thing ever. I don't even LIKE the iron, but I like it way better than a stupid cat.

    *sigh*
    Why, Monopoly? WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many have lost their way by "putting it aside cause someday I'm going to need it..." When in doubt, throw it out (or better yet, give it to Goodwill).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the hat. It looks especially gorgeous next to your blue eyes and that gorgeous green scarf. Plus, perfectly matched lipstick? Color me impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Cindy! And thank you, Hallie, I'm blushing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that I knew anyone who had been to Jeanie's House. Growing up, that building was a sketchy-looking 24-hour coffee shop (you've probably seen the old facade- scary). I hope I'm not offending anyone, but that was the place my friends and I named when we were really desperate to find some place to go, and then we'd laugh. I never would have dreamed of going there. Jeannie's looks cute, but old habits such as "never go to that place" die hard. Good to know you like it! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete