Friday, January 04, 2013

Take 35

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
The New Year is upon us! Brian and I put on our dancin' shoes on the last evening of 2012 and celebrated the wedding of Scott and Meredith... What a lovely celebration it was!
--- 2 ---
We finally got around to replacing the Bed, Bath and Beyond prints with our own photography... Hoorah! Winter season photographs taken by Brian and me have graced our mantel and I admit to looking forward to replacing them with more colorful spring photos... eventually.
 We haven't taken our stockings down.
#milkinitforallitsworth
--- 3 ---
New Year's Resolutions are a hot topic this time of year (heh) and I enjoyed reading this post by Leila. While we don't have kiddos, this post is most helpful as a perspective on how to be faithful in the small things so as to prepare to tackle bigger things (and accomplish them!).

I think regularly cleaning the kitchen floor will be on the list.

And no, I won't share a photo. :)
--- 4 ---
I plan to put my kalanchoe into bootcamp. Nothing like January in South Bend to hide away in a dark closet... in order to bloom later. :)
--- 5 ---
The B. family, in general, knows how to rock. Please enjoy verse number 5? 6? 7? (who knows-- it was late enough in the song that the only woman standing was Aunt Sarah-- no surprise there). Hattie had requested this song when Brian Sr. suggested we sing a carol before prayers. Pretty awesome. (Hattie is the cute blonde who's clearly enjoying and clapping along at the end of the video-- glad to have her request fulfilled.)
--- 6 ---
Now that Christmas is drawing to a close, I have to admit that I look forward to more simple, wintery meals. I've eaten enough sugars and fats for an army over the past few weeks and when I made this lentil soup with ham this week, it appeared to me to be the best thing ever.
--- 7 ---
This week (Thursday-Saturday), my Dad and Brian are attending a conference (in South Bend) and Mom and I are chillin' in the way that productive Seale women are wont to do.
(Evening #1: Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn.
To come: Maybe I'll master the sewing machine from 1972? We'll find out.)


Go ahead and pray for Jen this week, who is in the hospital. Linking up here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment