Friday, November 09, 2012

Take 27

7 Quick Takes Friday
I've started to enjoy my "Beginning Quick Takes Note" above number one.
This week I say, "Hello" and "sorry for all the text"... apparently I have a lot to say this week. 
--- 1 ---
Date Night last week was celebrated with Michael, Gina and the stellar Stella. 
We ate sushi and saw The Crane Wives
We saw them at Subkike. They were so fabulous. 
But, it was also fabulous celebrating date night with the Stellar Trio.
--- 2 ---
I am vindicated. Brian vacuumed (he's fabulous) and experienced the
face-pelting vacuum syndrome

In his great wisdom, he was able to avoid being pelted by standing up taller and
angling the end of the vacuum differently. Now he can teach me!

--- 3 ---

I have owned my Kitchen Aid for less than a year. On Sunday, I heard a sound that made me very nervous. As I quickly googled, "Kitchen Aid Clicking Sound", I discovered that others have had their Kitchen Aids replaced for free when they called customer service. I'm happy to report that I called the company on Monday, they told me never to knead dough on a setting above 2, and said I'd have a new Kitchen Aid in 7-10 days. 

It arrived Wednesday. Yes. Yes I will recommend them to others. I will even blog about it.
More pesto pizza, homemade wheat bread and giant ginger cookies for all.
--- 4 ---
Next week, my sweet neighbor Sara is hosting a Pinterest Party so that some gals she knows can carve out the time to do crafts that they've put on their wish lists. I have a few things in mind, but feel free to comment and give more suggestions on things like Sharpie Dinnerware, Pinecone Firelighters -- and apparently never sew, 
because almost anything with fabric on Pinterest is no sew. 

By the way, I actually joined Pinterest in preparation for this party. :)
I promise I have not dropped off the face of the earth. 
--- 5 ---
Snowflakes! We saw our first snowflakes at the ND game this past weekend.
Thanks to Brian and Beth, we keep getting to see exciting games. :) 

(This quick take is simply a shout-out to the possibility of snow on Thanksgiving, 
which I always hope for. )
--- 6 ---
Every couple of weeks I create a To-Do List in Microsoft Word for all my work items. They are organized by category and after I print, I circle the most important things. And of course, there's the extreme pleasure of not just putting a line through a completed task, but scribbling all over it and making it look messy (and therefore necessitating a new List).

I've been doing this process for almost 2 years. Just this week, it occurred to me that I could choose a font that I actually liked when making my To-Do List. 2 years! 
I wonder what that says about my personality. 
Also, I love the new facelift on my list of stayin' very busy.
--- 7 ---
Friday and Saturday this weekend are the Action Retreat!
Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit!
Uncle Glenn and Aunt Laurie are visiting on Sunday!
Yay! Bring on the weekend!

And the originator of the whole weekly tradition: Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment