Friday, October 05, 2012

Take 22

7 Quick Takes Friday
Every week I have the problem of whether to justify the whole blog post on the center or to the left... a friend told me never to do more than one of those options together...  It's such a problem every week... Firstworldproblems
--- 1 ---
More updates around our house... because my husband is amazing! :)
 The guitar is up! Love it.
Thanks for the awesome wall-wear, Meghan! :) 
We are indeed, "Living Life on Brews Control" ...
and glad to advertise it in our kitchen!
--- 2 ---
The seat location of our driver's seat doesn't change. I just thought you should know that me and my 5'4" (and-three-quarters) and Brian's 6' require the same distance from the steering wheel... I just thought I'd share that with you.

Oh, and thanks for all the votes on the car name... I guess we should make a decision soon. :)
--- 3 ---
My school pictures came in (for some reason the coloring is 1980s...
which was the decade of my birth):


I would like everyone to note: the photographer asked me to say,
"I'm a princess!" 
Dear adult man, please don't ask me, in front of a row of 17 year old girls, 
to declare myself a princess. I'm administrative staff. Seriously. That smile was not for you.
--- 4 ---

I'll be taking wallet-sized orders. 
Like the halo?
--- 5 ---
But best of all... 
I'll be Welcome. I'll be Testing. 
You take your pick.

--- 6 ---
Andy Williams passed away this week at the age of 84. While I'd like y'all to listen to this song, like I did (almost immeditely) after hearing the news:



I must strictly avoid disobeying my own rules (Christmas songs before Thanksgiving night at 11:59 p.m.) and instead recommend this song:





And, if you were just able to listen to a Christmas song in October without a feeling of guilt... you're welcome. Cheers to the voice of Andy Williams!
--- 7 ---
Identical Acronyms that make me laugh...
NFP. Not For Profit. Natural Family Planning.
CPS. Chicago Public Schools. Child Protective Services.


Congratulations to my sister Katie and Jen, who are both expecting! :) Yay!

4 comments:

  1. 1)i laughed really hard at pretty much everything you had to say about your whole school photo experience.

    2)YES, i did listen to that song the moment i heard. it is one of my top 2 favorite christmas songs of all time!

    3)how many kids does your sister kate have now? any girls yet??

    keep on rockin' the blogger world =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie has 8 boys... no girl, yet! :) Glad to provide a laugh... and happy to send you a "Holy Card" if you'd like it :) Maybe for the new bebe when he/she arrives??

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a couple of wallet-sized shots and a Welcome, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a picture!!! They are beautiful and the coloring is awesome. Not 80s at all...or if it is, it suits you. :P

    You should have given him a look and said, "I'm the damn queen." :D

    ReplyDelete