Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tough Mudder

I have been thinking about debriefing the world on Brian's Tough Mudder experience. Then I realized that I didn't actually run the Tough Mudder. For those who are curious, as I mentioned before, it's 12 miles long, 21 obstacles crazy and takes about 3 hours. It's designed by British Special Forces. You meet face-to-face with 10,000 volts of electricity. You plunge into a bath of ice cubes. More than once. And so much more.

What I love about the Tough Mudder is that everyone begins by pledging that it's not a race, but a challenge. They pledge to help fellow Mudders (strangers) on the course and
to put teamwork and camaraderie before their course time.
Being who I am, I guess it's no shocker that those are my favorite qualities ...
but that doesn't mean I'm willing to do it.
Ever.

But, it turns out that Uncle Joe's well-done video speaks much louder than my words... 


(Shout out to the "Sherpas" who made this video content possible by putting their lives on the line and documenting as much as they could of the monumental day.
And for taking care of me as I ran my own "Observer Tough Mudder".)

May you live every day like you're a Tough Mudder :)

4 comments:

  1. Mike Tim Dave and I really enjoyed that! They said "awesome!!!! And disgusting!!". We love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's nuts. Like, really REALLY nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 AM

    Magnificent! (As usual. :-P )

    ReplyDelete