Friday, August 03, 2012

Take 13

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
Did you know it's Friday? It is. Yesterday, when I went to check my "saved" Quick Take (that I composed through the week), it was clearly not saved. So your Quick Take Numero Uno? It's me. All me. Licking my wounds of a lost draft. On to other things...
--- 2 ---
Best blog title in the realm of my workplace... "We've Got Google Analytics (and I Have a Treadmill in My Basement)". I laughed out loud. It's important to be able to laugh at work.
--- 3 ---
Kitchen Walls. This week, Brian's men's group took wall paper off our kitchen walls. Hooray! And thank you! Now, on to deciding paint colors, back splash tiles and maybe crazy things like wood block counter top.   

--- 4 ---
We're so close to school that I have lots of "pre-school" goals... finish reading Little Women, finish wedding thank you cards, organize our basement storage, finish the blanket for no one, etc. I won't name too many specifics, because we'll see what I can do. :)
--- 5 ---
I'm one of those, "Wish I was keeping up with the Olympics" folks. Each evening, my husband settles in to watch them and I almost immediately go horizontal for the night. However, I've seen enough to be happy to report that some styles never go out of fashion... the women gymnasts have slicked back ponytails with silver clips to boot. (I am actually watching their routines, too, I promise!)
--- 6 ---
Brownie in a cup. Hope for all those who enjoy single serving goodness at the end of the day even though they'd prefer not to "keep sweets in the house"... You should have the ingredients if you've ever baked anything chocolate in your home:

1 TBSP of: flour, sugar, cocoa, water. Pinch of baking powder and salt. Tad bit of oil. Mix all in a mug and microwave for 30 seconds.
This recipe is brought to you by Margaret and Gina. Two of my faves.
--- 7 ---
This weekend-- we'll spend Sunday afternoon at Lake Michigan (not the beach according to East Coasters, where beach = ocean). I'm totally looking forward to it. Watch out, spf 50, here. we. come.

PS- in this week, week 13, Brian has referred to my blogging as an (and I quote), "Important Family Activity". Mark it, folks. It happened. ;)

For more redheaded woes, visit Jen!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun blogging 'voice' you have. Hey, if you find a good source for wood Bloch countertop, let me know! Our counter is awful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, Claire! We bought a long block of wood (3" thick!) off of Craigslist... haven't decided what to do with it, yet, since we decided on laminate in the whole kitchen.

    ReplyDelete