Friday, July 06, 2012

Take 10

7 Quick Takes Friday
--- 1 ---
July 4th was a family day without any kids, which is certainly not usual for our family! We enjoyed a lingering mid-afternoon meal (in which I forgot to serve the sauteed onions and mushrooms and sliced tomatoes for the burgers we brought. wah wah). We sat around on basically floating sofas in the pool while chatting and sipping on margaritas. What a great day spent with great people!
--- 2 ---
I thought a little history of July 4ths could be fun... Here are some I have photos of years past:
July 4th, 2005 Italy!
July 4th, 2007 Officially moved to the Midwest. (Park with missionaries and other folks.)
July 4th, 2009 Hawaii! (Seriously, you can't beat that.)
July 4th, 2010 Lake Michigan vacation with the gals. It was fabulous!
July 4th, 2011 Lake Michigan vacation with a bunch of singles. It was also fabulous. :)
July 4th, 2012 Aunt Laurie and Uncle Glenn's... no photos... I was too relaxed!
--- 3 ---
I run into things. a lot. I have more cuts and bruises more often than I like to admit, but I think I've discovered why... it's because I'm trying to be too efficient... (I'll just keep telling myself that.) Like this week, I hit my funny bone in the door way... that simply wouldn't have happened if I had finished putting my shirt on in front of my dresser, but I simply wanted to get moving... Here's to learning to slow down!
--- 4 ---
For those who are wondering, I'm a newlywed. I've discovered that that means every time my husband leaves the house, I want to listen to musicals. and only musicals.
--- 5 ---
Speaking of my husband, here's the latest awesomeness he's done (I know! Every week! Something new!)
Brian uses an old desk drawer from Trinity...


 It'll hang outside until the plants get growin' and the weather turns cold...
Then we'll move it inside! (We hope!)
(He even took all the photos... because he knew I'd appreciate it.)
--- 6 ---
It's been over 90 degrees now for a loooong time. I'd complain if I didn't live in the lap of luxury of the new, modern world where AC is king and I leave its presence only to water the garden, get to other places like work and grill... nevermind, Brian grilled the meat yesterday... when the outside temperature was 1/3 of the way to being "sufficiently cooks meat" temperature. Seriously.
--- 7 ---
In case you missed it, the People of Praise created this video-- you should check it out-- and pray for our nation!

To see the proposal that every Wednesday be a holiday, see Jen

2 comments:

  1. Are you tellin' me that Beep won't watch musicals?! ...Ok, so maybe he won't sing along to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers... but play him some good ol' Les Mis; if he has any semblance of a soul, he'll weep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure that if we have ANY girls in our family, they'll most likely be like me and require musicals from roughly age 2 until... well... they leave the house (and then they'll continue elsewhere). So, I humor him at this point and try to play as much music that we both like as I can. :)

    PS- he has much more than just a semblance of a soul... He has a great one :)

    ReplyDelete