Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Dear Dad,

Here you are with me… Yes, we both looked like that once!
However, more often these days, you can be seen looking like this:
Thank you for serving Trinity School at Meadow View as a teacher and basketball coach. Your students love you. I enjoyed sharing the small campus together with you.

Thank you for being my friend when we went to college. I enjoyed running into you at George Mason and loved spending many of my breaks with you.

(Yes, I looked like that once.)

Thanks for all the particular ways that you honored me. I loved spending a day with you in the Shenandoah Valley before I left to do my year of mission work in Indy. What a fun day that was!

Thanks for being one of the coolest Grandpas around. The cycling, energetic Walt descending upon your children’s households to have adventures and enjoy each other’s company is a wonderful treat.

Thanks for being my friend, my support, my guide and showing me the road map to the Father’s love by being the loving father that you’ve always been to all your daughters.
Cheers! Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. awe!! Indeed! Who's baby is that? Is that Diego??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Beautiful photos to share. :D :D Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think u get daughter-of-the-year for this lovely tribute, Mary! <3

    ReplyDelete