Friday, May 04, 2012

Take 2

--- 1 ---
I have new running shoes! The laces are not down the middle and it almost makes me sea-sick to look at them... but man, are they sweet. Thanks to my husband for researching the wear on my old sneakers to buy a good kind for the crazy way my feet land (apparently) when I run. They are ASICS.
(You'll notice I went for a bike ride... or I'm rockin' the one-pant-leg-rolled-up look.)

--- 2 ---
Speaking of running, I thought I'd tell you that I enjoy the Couch to 5K program... (no pun intended, really.) It did not occur to me that it would be weird to do a 5K program with no intention of ever running a 5K. You guessed it, I am that woman. (It does not change my appreciation for my new shoes.)

--- 3 ---
Sunlight matters. Those of us from South Bend are highly aware of this... especially when the perma-cloud has arrived for the winter. (This year, we have nothing to complain about, having practically skipped winter- which may be something to complain about, depending on your relationship with snow.) Our plants in our home have found their happiest spot- the sunniest spot in the house. Apparently South Benders make sense to them.
(Fun fact: the red pot is one of the table centerpieces from my Grandma's 80th birthday in 2007.)

--- 4 ---
Speaking of winter being gone... It was 86 degrees in South Bend yesterday! I put my feet in the pool and we hosted a Trinity School at Greenlawn Coaches' Appreciation Dinner. The Lord kept the thunderstorms away and we ate a lovely BBQ meal outside... super awesome.

--- 5 ---
Compliments of a family discussion of past music gone by... Dion. 1983, folks. Savor it.


--- 6 ---
Future Design Sponge project: DIY stamps. Anybody in? I mean, I think it'd be cool to have an original stamp to put on note cards, etc. 


--- 7 ---
Brian's birthday is in 4 days! 
Our first birthday as a married couple! =)

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in good company!!! Kind of jealous you live in South Bend!! I love ND's campus.

    Maybe you know Ana Hahn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You might be the first person who has ever told me you're jealous I live in South Bend! =) Notre Dame is indeed a beautiful campus!

    I don't know, Ana... yet! It's a small town, so maybe I will someday.

    Nice to "meet" you! I had two sisters, and my Mom, who took some classes) at FUS... it's a small world.

    ReplyDelete