Thursday, November 03, 2011

November Update

I’ve been contemplating a blog post for a while now… Last time I posted, I announced my engagement to Brian and that has led us to a very busy, wonderful time. At the close of Thanksgiving with his family, I am very grateful for the family I am getting in all of them. They are an extremely welcoming crowd. I certainly missed my family this weekend, but we look forward to Christmas with some of them in Michigan.

Weddings are a big celebration with a lot of planning! We have come a long way since our first meetings with our folks where not much was in place. Instead of wondering what church will marry us the Saturday prior to a Trinity break, we have a church, a priest and our marriage prep classes are completed. Instead of looking for a dress, I need to simply alter it and find some “finishing touches”. It’s helpful to remind myself of how much we’ve accomplished in 3 months! And we have less than 3 months to go!

Dorothy R. led us in a great women’s retreat this year in the South Bend branch. The Lord used it to encourage me and give me a large dose of sisterhood, which was a real treat. It looks like next year we’ll even get to go out of town for the weekend! I look forward to that.

The soccer season came and went and the basketball season is well underway. I am grateful that most of the pieces are assembled and moving forward. I started the assistant AD role in January of last year and despite soccer being a much more approachable sport for me to understand, I kind of feel at home in the TSAC because it’s the season in which I started. I am returning to the beginning… to basketball.

Here’s to the start of Christmas music, finding fun ways to gift the ones we love, snow (Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!), picking a song for our first dance, searching for furniture, and much, much more… Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment