Sunday, September 18, 2011

Joy!

Despite the definition of the start date of the season of Fall, it has arrived with the beginning of the 2011-12 school year. I am busy with administrating an accreditation visit, athletic work, and alumni upkeep. They're all good things to be up to, and I will be happy to have the accreditation visit over with.

For at least the last 6 weeks, if not longer, the Lord has reminded me often to be joyful and grateful. This past week, outside of work, I found a time slot to go out for beer and fries with Sarah E., make salsa with my garden fresh tomatoes, have a very helpful and long chat with Gretchen, visit with Bethanne and her lovely children before they headed to Georgia where they are now located, celebrate 40 years of the life of the People of Praise with the women of the South Bend branch, spend a whole day with the Cs and attend my first Notre Dame football game with Brian, Brian Sr., and Bethy, attend the Action kick-off, and lots more... Somehow, there was time for all of it, and I'm so grateful!

So, Sunday draws to a close and I've had a full and successful weekend. I look forward to all that's coming with the next week and will work hard to remember to be joyful and grateful for all the Lord is up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment