Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 2010

Believe it or not, whenever I think I should post, it's been almost exactly one month since the last post... go figure.

It's May! Graduation weekend came and went already and the "summer" for the Work College will officially commence on June 1st. There is movement of people of course, as there is every summer. Living in Colfax this summer (as far as I can tell at this particular moment) will be: Laura F, Anne S, Margaret D, Gina M, Lisa F, Brigette M, Anne V, and moi. We will miss those who will not be with us, but believe me, we'll have a fantastic summer!

(Hey Katie, Bethanne, and Melanie- we have a pool! Bring kiddos and come see my home!)

Grandma Mary S. fractured her hip on the other side this month, which was a real bummer. Andrea K. says "She rocks!", and she's right. She's a trooper! Dad and Mom were able to travel and Bethanne is even getting to take a trip to NY and see her. What a blessing.

Dad graduated with his second masters! (MFA in creative writing with a concentration in fiction.) I have a 106 page word document of short stories set in 1950s Long Island, NY. I can't wait to devour it. I read the first half of the first story and it was like reading a painting: I could almost touch the scenes.

Currently reading: Origin of the Jesuits (still) and The Chosen

No comments:

Post a Comment