Sunday, January 24, 2010

Update

Believe it or not it has hit the 40s here in South Bend. We had a layer of pretty old snow that has almost completely disappeared from warm rain in the last 24 hours. While I'm still shocked by the amount of grass that still exists in South Bend, I am hopeful for a prettier, new layer of snow in our future.

Lord's Day: Last night for Lord's Day, Orest and Susan (who joined the WC this year) helped lead us in Jewish dancing! The tables in the great room were cleared and removed, and the room became the perfect size for our numbers. It's a lot like line dancing, only in a circle. Susan played a Jewish song on a guitar. It was great!

Reading: I just finished reading Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret. It was a story I was familiar with, having already read his autobiography. It was written by his son and daughter-in-law, and they used a lot of his letters back home, which was a fun way to learn about how mission work in China affected him and how he thought about trials, joys, and his work. After 4 days of brainstorming, I'm still not ready to pick a new spiritual book. If you have suggestions, please comment.

Division Meeting: Speaking of mission stories, Orest and Susan had the chance to each share their life stories this Thursday evening as we gathered as a WC. It was really fun to be able to get to know them better! I had heard bits and pieces, but this gave us all the opportunity to pull it all together. It was also astounding to see how the Lord was working over the years for both of them. They were missionaries in Moscow and Kiev over the years, even when their kids were young.

Family: I realized that I haven't officially announced here that my parents moved to Indy! (To the house I used to live in, actually!) They are doing well and their household members report every time I see them just how excited they are to have them there. I cannot wait to be able to visit for a weekend and see them "in action". Also in the family news, I get to visit Melanie and Mundo's family next weekend. They're escaping for a weekend retreat to a local hotel and I get to play with Isa, Diego, Xavi, and maybe Lucas Friday evening and all Saturday! I'm beyond excited.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment