Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Update from Paradise

What HAVE I been up to? Well... 

We have been to the Punchbowl, which is a military cemetary here, that is beautiful, and then walked around Waikiki after lunch there. It's definitely the tourist spot, but the water is still beautiful and there's a city to walk around in. Dad and I went to Kalama beach yesterday, with no sun, but the water is simply warm and beautiful. We also had dinner with Donald, Alana B., and their 4 daughters. That was a real treat. We watched as their daughters picked mangos out of the tree with the coolest mango-contraption I've ever seen (well, maybe the only one I've ever seen.) We got to partake of his famous Indonesian chicken. Glory.

Today we went to the Iolani palace and then walked around Waikiki again, and then dropped off Eileen at the airport. So, we're down to 4 now- Dad, Mom, Grandma and I. We went to Kailua beach before dinner and I am still making my way through Harry Potter 3 (re-reading the series... because... well... it's fun.)

More photos are coming! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! So glad you're getting a good vacation.

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill Sjoberg5:01 PM

    We had such fun in Hawaii...glad to hear all is well

    ReplyDelete