Saturday, June 20, 2009

People of Praise Camp, South Bend


Our group on our tarp

Remember I said I was going to camp? It was great! The weather was not perfect, but everyone still had loads of fun. This picture is a good representation of how much activity went on during the week! Lori M. and I had the 6th grade girls- 11 girls, 4 junior counselors, and a packed schedule.

The junior counselors were spectacular at encouraging the girls and everyone was great- even when it was pouring. They were gracious enough to teach me songs like, "The Littlest Worm" and the "Sausages song" (don't ask if you're eating right now.) I learned what it was like to "run the hood" (Yes, I did- 1 min, 19 secs, thanks for asking!), participated in the cannonball contest with Mary Claire B (yes, without warning and in all our clothes), but the Holy Spirit was definitely the highlight of the week.

This year's theme was "Led by the Spirit" and Randy R. talked about how we can be led by the Spirit, and we were invited to ask Him to be a part of our lives. (We are all now on a first name basis with Holy.)

Praise God for getting to see my brothers and sisters in the South Bend branch at their best. It was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment