Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reading

But I have Called You Friends by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C., starts out with,

"Dear sisters, what I want to talk about this morning is friendship. This is about the oldest topic in the world. [...] I think this is one of those areas where we could sit back and smile a little over this great new idea- two thousand years old. For I seem to remember that our dear Lord had quite a lot to say about fraternal love, and that he said it very plainly." (p. 11)

I just finished this book, thanks to Christine Z., who gave it to me, and it was fun to read! Mother MF has a frank, loving way of communicating how important it is that we foster relationships that reflect Christ and the way He does things in the world.

Praise God for the People of Praise, where we are learning to become better friends that are bringing about the kingdom of God on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment