Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday Funday

Well, I don't have any photos. I'm reporting from a cold, raining/sleeting/snowing day in South Bend, and have spent almost all day inside my warm home (Praise God!)

I'm almost done reading "Death Comes for the Archbishop" by Willa Cather, recommended by Jon G. It's been good so far, interesting perspectives on missionary life in Santa Fe in 1848. Willa Cather was a Christian, and it's amazing how some descriptions of missionary work are something that I ran into as a missionary.

On another note, I'm currently watching "The Princess Bride" with much joy. Here are a few things I enjoy...

"He is very very short on... charm."
"You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
"You seem like a decent fellow- I hate to die."
"The Queen of Putrescence."
"I'm waiting for you, Vizzini! You told me to go back to the beginning!"
"Humperdinck! Humperdinck! Humperdinck!"

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget: "Bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. southside shelley5:07 PM

    Thank you so much for sharing your life and taking great pictures. Wish I was there, actually I can be there through your eyes. Love Shelley

    ReplyDelete