- The South Side Missionary work has been bursting at the seams. There is a lot to do and there are especially a lot of kids eager to spend time with us and learn about Jesus.
- 1117 is very nearly done with just a few things left to do in the kitchen. (It looks beautiful!)
- Ray and Robin have moved into that beautiful side of the duplex and we are so excited to have them join our life on an everyday, nitty-gritty level.
- The Missionaries were hired to do all the dishes for a local Catholic church's Italian Festival. We had a lot of fun in the basement and they honored us by asking us to sing, feeding us lots of meatballs, and sending us away with a heaping mount of spaghetti.
- We've visited South Bend twice to hang out with high school girls in South Bend, and I have enjoyed that very much! Telling missionary stories, hearing what's going on in their lives, and sharing a meal together was a real treat.
- A friend of mine, Nichole, came to visit me this weekend! It was a real treat to be able to show her my life here.
- Summer BBQ's have started and we had our first one on the South Side this week. It was filled and all ate well (thank you, Lord!) The Indy Branch of the People of Praise worked together with us to put on the event, and it was a great success.
- We had the CSI (Company Summer Institute), 3 9th Grade girls from South Bend, 3 Sisterhood women, and our two households all at Lord's Day this past weekend to celebrate Ray's and Nick's birthdays. It was a fun evening full of music, good food, a skit, bonfire, and a bit of soccer.
See my Flickr page for more photos.