Sunday, December 02, 2007

The last week (and 1/2) in words

My camera has gone on an adventure to Georgia with Hannah for an Indian wedding. I must say, I am glad my camera gets to go because I want to see it, and I know it will share with me the view it had of a Georgian Indian wedding. And, while I am tempted to wait until my camera returns with pictures from the last week, I am also itching to let y'all know what I've been up to for the past week and a half.

Thanksgiving day was spent on the South Side of Indy with Rick and Ruth and a few of their relatives as well as a few other South Siders. While I missed my family, Thanksgiving did feel like I was with family. We cooked all afternoon on Wednesday and all morning on Thursday, sitting down for a 1:30 pm meal. (And yes, I did see a few clips of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which, believe it or not, is pretty important to me.) The feast was lined up on a large table: 34 lbs of turkey, 10 lbs of ham, 2 trays of dressing, 2 trays of green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, 8 pumpkin pies, 5 chocolate pies, 2 chocolate cakes, and 2 cherry dump cakes. It was a feast, and we were honored to be there. But the most amazing thing was, I believe the Lord was honored, too. His name was glorified throughout the day, and it was apparent that we were lucky to be with God's people for the day.

On Black Friday at 5 am, I did not find myself in any neighboring mall. I, in fact, was waking up for a 6 am departure to Louisiana. Our household of missionaries drove south to Allendale to spend the weekend with the missionaries there, as well as more from other places. While I have only lived there for a summer, it did feel like going home. Their hospitality was incredible (like always), and we all got to work together on painting and fix-it projects around the house. A great highlight of the weekend was getting to play a jazzy (tacky) and fun duet of Jingle Bells on the piano with Laura F.! I returned home on Tuesday morning with Mary, Ellen, and J-T, while the rest of the guys spent the week continuing to prepare 1430.

That pretty much brings us up to speed... The Lord is good and now we're in Advent! 2007 is flying by folks! That's the news from Lake Indianapolis where the snow hasn't fallen, it's 52 degrees, and all is well...

(Photos to come soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment